Written by a guest blogger – Katie Pierce
Embracing motherhood is a beautiful journey filled with joy and responsibilities, leaving many moms with little time for themselves. Amidst the hustle and bustle of caring for little ones, your skincare routine might take a backseat. But worry not, busy moms! This blog is here to unveil a collection of effortless skincare tips tailored to your busy lifestyle. Discover how you can achieve that radiant glow without sacrificing precious moments with your loved ones. Let’s dive into easy and effective ways to keep your skin vibrant and nourished, even when life is at its busiest.
Taking good care of your skin goes a long way if you want to look and feel good, even on your most hectic days. Something as simple as using the right facial wash and toner does wonders for oily skin.
Arguably, adopting a skincare routine is one of the simplest forms of self-care that you can incorporate to help you get through the daily stresses that you are experiencing. Fortunately, there are simple and effective morning skincare routines that you can try to help regulate future breakouts, dryness, oiliness, and other skin problems.
Whether you have normal, oily, dry, or combination skin, this blog is definitely worth a read!
Easy Morning Skincare Routine
The essentials of an unsophisticated skincare routine is to focus on what your skin needs. Does it need hydration? Does it need cleaning? Do you need an instant refresher or energizer? It should serve as your goal or motivation to make sure you don’t skip a routine as simple as cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
So, without further ado, here is a series of steps in caring for your precious skin that you can follow even with a restless daily schedule:
Cleansing is the most basic part of any skincare ritual. It is the initial step that helps prep your skin for the succeeding steps of your routine. Also, cleansing or washing helps you rid your skin’s surface off impurities and dirt that you accumulated during the night.
Skipping this step will only add to the buildup of grime on your skin. Some women claim that washing your face with just clean water should do the trick, specifically because they have a more intense skin cleansing and exfoliating routine at night.
However, if you prefer to use a more elaborate and effective cleanser, you might want to consider a gentle or mild facial scrub. In this manner, you wouldn’t have to worry about drying up or irritating your skin even with continuous use.
Nothing complements a good cleansing better than using toner after. A toner boosts the purpose and effects of washing your face. Using a toner on your skin also helps hydrate it more.
Your best choice for an effective yet non-drying toner is one that’s alcohol-free and fragrance-free. Some fragrances tend to irritate the skin, while alcohol can cause dry up your skin’s outer layer.
Try to find a toner infused with essential oils to help retain moisture and make your skin look plump and refreshed. Organic products also tend to benefit your skin more since it contains less chemicals that could disrupt your skin’s natural barrier.
People who skip moisturizing in their skincare routine are likely to notice that their skin looks less radiant and duller. Moisturize your face after cleansing and toning. Doing so adds another layer of protection to your skin’s natural barrier. It also helps lock in hydration to prevent dryness or dry patches. A good moisturizer will also help even your skin tone, soften your skin, and give you a youthful glow.
Block UVA/UVB rays
If you thought moisturizing is the end of your routine, well, there is one final step that you must not forget. Protecting your skin from the skin’s harmful UVA and UVB rays are a must especially if you spend a lot of time during the day outdoors. Sun exposure can damage your skin. The effects may be short term like sunburn or long-term, as in complications brought by direct exposure to UVA and UVB rays.
A sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 shields your skin from the harsh brightness of the sun.
Got some extra time? Why not throw in a mineral sunscreen to boost your skin’s protection and appearance!
- Eye Drops — If you stay up late at night due to work or spend huge chunks of the day facing the computer screen, investing in a good brand of eye drops and eye serum eliminates eye strain, puffiness, and tiredness. You can include this step during the day or night, depending on your preference too. Since your eyes
- Serums — Facial serums add more hydration to your skin. Some serums help enhance your inner glow, while other variations contain ingredients that reduce the appearance of acne scars and other skin imperfections.
- Facial masks— Whether you prefer clay masks, facial mask sheets, or homemade organic masks, adding this step to your morning skincare ritual effectively removes dead skin cells, rejuvenates your skin, and unveils a clearer, more radiant, and more flawless complexion.
- Fruits, leafy greens, and a healthy dose of water— You probably didn’t expect this, but yes, eating healthy and staying hydrated will benefit your skin in the long run. Eating excessive oily and unhealthy foods may be causing the seemingly unending breakouts you experience every week.
- Pamper yourself— Similar to adopting a healthy diet, pampering yourself contributes to releasing happy hormones in your body. The more you take the time to do self-care, the more energized and refreshed you feel every morning. Along with starting your morning skincare routine, indulge yourself in luxurious cruelty-free hair products and a nice, invigorating shower. Simple things like this effectively diminish your stress levels and add more youthful years to your skin.
Take good care of your skin. Skincare is not just for the sake of improving your physical appearance. Rather, it’s one of the secrets to boosting your self-confidence and empowering yourself!
Katie Pierce is a teacher-slash-writer who loves telling stories to an audience, whether it’s bored adults in front of a computer screen or a bunch of hyperactive 4-year-olds. Writing keeps her sane (most of the time) and allows her to enjoy some quiet time in the evening before she walks into a room of screaming kids (all of whom she loves dearly) the next morning. Note from Kaili - How did these morning skincare routine tips go for you? Trying to find good quality and ‘clean’ skin care products which cover all your bases for low maintenance, high impact, and effortless beauty can be tricky on your own. If you want some personalized support on the perfect skin care for your skin, I highly recommend you get in touch with my friend Maria Velve, the Green Beauty Curator. She offers personalized consultation virtually and in-person in Toronto and also has an amazing online store filled with vetted, clean Canadian-made products! Find her over on IG for some great skincare tips - https://www.instagram.com/greenbeautycurator/ ** I have also included some links to products that I love. If you would like to support my small business, you can choose to purchase any Young Living products using my affiliate link by clicking here.